Sunday, March 17, 2013

First Time Fishermen

Hello guys and girls,

I just wanted to take a minute to talk about the beginning angler. So what does it take to become an "expert"? Personally, I don't feel like anyone can be a real expert because no one truly knows what a fish is thinking. We can all guess what colours they like or what kinds of lures and or flies they like but we still never know if they will bite or not. I have caught fish on all kinds of unconventional things like bits and pieces of my lunch and flies that I tied when I was a kid that really didn't look like any kind of bug on this planet. I think becoming an expert or experienced angler really comes down to being able to share the sport of fishing with someone who has never done it before.

I think teaching someone how to fish is one of the most rewarding experiences on the water. I love seeing the excitement in someone’s eyes when they get their first bite or tug. Not to mention, when they reel their first fish in and get to hold it for their first picture. The best part is whether it's a 15 pound salmon or a tiny little perch the smile on everyone's face is still the same when they pose for their first fish picture.

Earlier this year one of my friends moved to a waterfront home on a local lake. Shortly after moving there he asked me if there were any fish in the lake. So I packed up a couple of rods and a small tackle box and I went over to his place. We set up a couple of chairs on the dock and I gave him a rod with a small spinner on it. He proceeded to give me the rod back five minutes later with a "rats nest" that I took the next ten minutes to untangle. Part way through untangling his line he told me he got a bite and I could see the excitement in his eyes. I told him to keep doing what he was doing and I finished what I was doing. Not long after I started fishing again he brought in his first fish.

The first fish was a little tiny perch. As he posed for his first picture I couldn't help but laugh at the big grin that was on his face. He held that tiny little perch up proudly and gave a loud woooooooooooo that echoed across the lake. We released the little guy and then we kept fishing. He tangled his line a few more times but it didn't matter. I was just happy that I got to share the fishing experience with him.

If anyone has a first time fishing story or a picture of their first fish then please head to the forum at www.fishingthepnw.com and share it with everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely experience you have shared with us. very beautiful content you have writtien on this blog Fishing in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have very well relate the thinking of fish with fishing. I think fish is not able to think good.
    fishing in Dubai

    ReplyDelete