Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 19th, 2013

Hey guys

I just wanted to share a little story from my childhood and how I became so interested in fishing. I grew up in Prince George, BC where there are many lakes that provide good fishing not far from town. As a young kid my fondest fishing memories are of my family all piling in the truck together and heading out to one of the many lakes close to town. We would always load up the aluminum boat and on the way out we would stop at Tim Horton's. For those of you who are American Tim Horton's is a widespread coffee and donut shop throughout Canada. To this day every time I smell donuts I still think back to those early childhood memories with my family. The fishing was also very good in the northern lakes with many of them regularly stocked with mostly rainbow trout. We were fly fisherman most of the time and we had a lot of success especially when I was young. These fond memories will stay with me forever and have fuelled my passion for fishing.
If you have any fishing stories from your childhood I would love to hear them in the forum or you can feel free to comment and I will post them to the forum myself.

Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment