Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 27th, 2013

  As I said yesterday I wanted to talk more in depth about the sportsman show. I spent around 3 hours at the show mostly just wandering around as it is pretty overwhelming. I picked up a boat load of pamphlets, information books, business cards and a few bits and pieces.

I was surprised at the number of people that were there! I saw many different license plates in the parking lot from Alaska, British Columbia, Alberta, Idaho, Oregon and of course Washington. These people were both male and female as well as of many different ethnic groups. It was great to see how diverse the sportsmen and sportswomen of the Pacific Northwest really are.

When I first walked in I passed a bunch of trucks for sale that although I could not afford I had fun looking at. I then entered the first building of the show. In the first building I saw dozen's of hunting and fishing booths as well as merchandise from a store up in Anacortes. I almost bought a new Halibut rod but I realized that I probably don't need another one for the collection. I saw guided trips for both hunting and fishing from all over the Pacific Northwest with many trips up to northern British Columbia and Alaska. I also sampled some great fried fish and some really good beef jerky. After that I walked to the next building passing a bunch of RV's that were also for sale. The next building I entered was the biggest and was the area where I spend the biggest portion of my time wandering up and down the rows talking to salespersons and guides as well as other attendees of this great event.

 I met people from all over the Pacific Northwest and I hope one day I can connect with them again. There were a few boat dealers there which were cool because I wasn't expecting to see many boats till I attend the Seattle Boat Show next weekend. I climbed up on a few boats and tasted a few more things. There were a few larger displays from different retailers and also from a local Toyota Dealership. The next building contained boats and outboard motor displays as well as a tank of warm water fish for demonstration purposes. I didn't spend much time in there as it was a small building and there were no demonstrations at the time. The next building contained the dock dogs competition which was cool but I didn't stay long because I couldn't see much from the back row.

 Other than that there was also a camp cooking demonstration tent and an indoor steelhead river and a few other things I am sure I forgot to mention. If you are reading this blog or if you are on my website please feel free to post a comment or a forum post with your story from the Sportsmen Show or perhaps from another similar show. If you were an exhibitor I would also love to hear about the show from your point of view so send me an email at fishingthepnw@gmail.com

All the pamphlets and info (above) and a view from the entrance to the largest building (below)


No comments:

Post a Comment